— APP
— APP

RAWALPINDI: Four members of a family sustained burn injuries in a fire that broke out after a gas-leak explosion in their house on Harley Street on Monday.

Police and rescue services said the explosion occurred when Ameer Afzal, 65, lit a lighter in his room which had already been filled with leaked gas.

As a result, Mr Afzal, his wife Mukhtar Bibi, daughter-in-law Salma Bibi and her minor son Mohammad Azan were injured.

Staff from 1122 controlled the fire and shifted the injured to different hospitals. Police said the condition of Mr Afzal was stated to be critical at Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (Pims).

In another incident, four members of a family remained stranded in their house at Peshawar Road when a rock blocked the entrance to the house after a landslide. None of the inmates was injured in the incident.

Published in Dawn, January 7th, 2020