TAXILA: More than 10 makeshift huts were burnt to ashes in Alam Town near Teen Mela Chowk in Attock on Tuesday.
According to District Emergency Officer (DEO) Dr Ishfaq Mian, a family was preparing breakfast on a kerosene stove in their hut when a fire broke out accidentally and spread to nine other adjacent ones, reducing them to ashes.
As a result, valuables were also burnt. The Rescue 1122 staffers reached the spot and extinguished the fire.
According to the official, no injury or casualty was reported in the incident.
Published in Dawn, December 11th, 2019