TIMERGARA: Seven cloth shops were gutted here on Tuesday, local residents said.

They said fire broke out in a cloth shop owned by Samiullah, a resident of Munda, due to electricity short-circuit that also engulfed the adjacent shops within no time.

The workers of civil defence, local firefighters and volunteers of Al-Khidmat Foundation reached the site and put out the fire after hectic efforts.

Timergara assistant commissioner Shah Jamil Khan and tehsil municipal officer Pervez Akhtar supervised the firefighting operation. Political activists demanded of the district administration to compensate the affected traders.

Published in Dawn, October 9th, 2019