FAISALABAD: Three brick kiln workers were electrocuted and another sustained burn injuries on Jhang Road on Saturday.

Rescue 1122 said a kiln worker accidentally touched a live wire on the rooftop of a room constructed at a brick kiln at Chak-70, Mansoora, on Jhang Road. Three of his colleagues rushed to rescue him and they all sustained electric shocks.

Three of them breathed their last on the spot and another worker, Ramzan (30), was shifted to hospital with burn injuries.

The deceased have been identified as Yousaf (50), Azhar (18) and Saleem (45).

The live wire was just one foot above the roof of the room and no safety measures had been taken by the kiln owner. The bodies have been handed over to the police.

Published in Dawn, August 11th, 2019