Four electrocuted in Balochistan

August 02, 2019

Email

DERA MURAD JAMALI: Four people, including a girl and her brother, were electrocuted in Barkhan and Jhal Magsi districts on Thursday, Levies officials said.

Khair Bibi, 12, touched a live electricity wire while playing in the courtyard of her house in Takhra village of Barkhan district. When her brother Qasim, 10, rushed to save her, he also lost his life.

The family took them to the district hospital where doctors pronounced them dead.

Ali Sher was trying to repair a broken wire in an ice factory at Jhal Magsi when he suffered an electric shock. His colleague Mohammad Munir also met the same fate when he tried to save him.

Their bodies were taken to the district hospital.

Published in Dawn, August 2nd, 2019