TAXILA: Four people fainted while repairing a generator installed in a well in Mungiwali village about 15km from Attock city on Friday.
District emergency officer Dr Mian Mohammad Ishfaq said that Mohammad Zubair, 26, climbed down the well to repair the generator which was installed with a water pump to keep it running.
He said he fell unconscious due to gas accumulated in the well, adding that when Mohammad Saeed, 45, went down the well to inquire after him he also fell unconscious. Noor Mohammad, 50, and Mohammad Aslam, 48, also met the same fate.
On observing the situation, people present there called Rescue 1122, whose personnel pulled them out and shifted them to District Headquarters Hospital. One of them was taken to CMH Attock due to his critical condition.
On June 11, three people died of suffocation inside a well while another fell unconscious while repairing a water pump in Adilzai area of Attock district.
Published in Dawn, June 22nd, 2019