Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

.

NA panel wants three brothers’ killer brought from Malaysia

Updated June 11, 2019

Email

The National Assembly Stan­ding Committee on Interior on Monday directed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police to cut short the process of issuing and implementing red warrants to bring a suspect, who was involved in the killing of three brothers in Charsadda, from Malaysia. — APP/File
The National Assembly Stan­ding Committee on Interior on Monday directed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police to cut short the process of issuing and implementing red warrants to bring a suspect, who was involved in the killing of three brothers in Charsadda, from Malaysia. — APP/File

ISLAMABAD: The National Assembly Stan­ding Committee on Interior on Monday directed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police to cut short the process of issuing and implementing red warrants to bring a suspect, who was involved in the killing of three brothers in Charsadda, from Malaysia.

Moreover, the foreign ministry was asked to approach the Malaysian High Commission for the arrest of the prime accused. The committee directed Nadra and passport and immigration departments to block CNIC and passport of accused Nadir Khan.

The matter was taken up by National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser and referred to the standing committee.

The three brothers were gunned down last month over an alleged property dispute. The attackers managed to escape. Police later claimed that one of the three suspects had been arrested, but main accused Nadir had fled to Malaysia.

The Multan regional police officer (RPO) told the committee that after the murder of the brothers a local police and investigation team had reached the area, collected evidences and sent them to a forensic laboratory in Peshawar.

He said the investigators also obtained mobile phone numbers and call data records of the accused. IMEIs numbers of the phones were searched and kept under close observation, he added.

The RPO said a special investigation team constituted under the supervision of DSP Tangi had arrested one of the accused Pir Mohammad, whereas facilitator Rabab Nasim was taken into custody from Islamabad airport on his arrival from Malaysia.

“The facilitator disclosed during interrogation that he had provided Nadir air tickets for Malaysia. Interrogation and investigation are in progress and the process of issuance of red warrants for Nadir Khan has been initiated. A joint investigation team has been also constituted under the supervision of SP investigation, Charsadda, to probe the incident,” he said.

The RPO said the foreign ministry had already been requested to facilitate the arrest and repatriation of Nadir by contacting the relevant authorities of the Malaysian government. He said an FIR had been registered immediately after the incident.

MNA Fazal Mohammad Khan, who is not a member of the committee but attended the meeting as he belongs to Charsadda, said such incidents had become routine in the area.

Minister for Interior Ijaz Ahmad Shah informed the meeting that the suspect had a criminal record and was involved in cases of firing. “We have been trying to bring the suspect from Malaysia,” he said.

Published in Dawn, June 11th, 2019