Seven injured in gas leak blast

January 20, 2019

Email

MINGORA: Seven persons received burns in a blast caused by gas leak in Shaheen Abad area of Saidu Sharif on Saturday morning.

According to Rescue 1122, the incident took place in the house of Salim Khan, when a woman attempted to lit fire for preparing breakfast.

“The blast was so intense that it brought down walls of three rooms, leaving seven persons, including women and children, critically injured,” said Waqar Ahmad, a 1122 spokesman, adding locals along with the Rescue 1122 volunteers shifted the injured to Saidu Teaching Hospital.

According to the hospital sources, a critically injured woman was later referred to a major hospital in Peshawar.

The injured were identified as Eshrat Bibi, Nadeem, Awais, Zahid, Abid Hussain, Manahil and Shahnaz.

In another incident, three persons were injured when a van and a car collided in Aligrama area of Kabal. The injured were shifted to tehsil hospital.

Published in Dawn, January 20th, 2019