Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

.

RAWALPINDI: Four members of a family were burnt in a gas explosion in their house in Tahmaspabad near Rawal Road on Monday.

Mohammad Naeem, 33, who suffered more than 65pc burn injuries, was stated to be in critical condition.

Doctors said his wife Nazia, 33, was stable as she suffered minor burns.

His two children, eight-year-old daughter Maham and two-year-old son Ahmed, suffered five to 10pc burns.

The explosion occurred when Naeem switched on the light of his gas-filled room, which shattered windows.

The explosion was followed by fire.

Rescue 1122 has appealed to people to turn off gas heaters and stoves before going to bed, and in case of gas leakage, not to switch on lights. On sensing gas, occupants should first open doors and windows and vacate the room and call emergency services.

Published in Dawn, December 18th, 2018

Download the new Dawn mobile app here:

Google Play

Apple Store