Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

.

Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, while presiding over the provincial cabinet meeting at CM House on Monday, directed the health department to make necessary arrangements for the treatment of the eight-year-old boy whose both arms had to be amputated due to severe burns he sustained after an 11,000-Volt electrical wire fell on him in the street where he was playing on Aug 25.

The incident took place in Ahsanabad Sector-4 off Superhighway. As a result of the electric shock, both of Umar’s arms were badly burnt and doctors had to amputate them in order to save his life.

“I want to rehabilitate him at any cost and the provincial government would bear all the treatment expenses wherever it is possible,” he said.

Murtaza Wahab, the adviser to chief minister on law and anti-corruption, tweeted about the decision taken during the cabinet meeting.

The provincial cabinet also took up the issue of overhead cables hanging everywhere in the city. The chief minister, on the recommendation of the cabinet, constituted a committee under the local government secretary to talk to the relevant quarters to remove all overhead cables of internet, telephone, TV cables and others.

These cables are not only defacing the beauty of the city but also creating nuisance, sometimes they fall on vehicles and sometimes on the road, the chief minister said and directed local government secretary to seek help from the Karachi commissioner and get these cables removed.