Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

.

WINDSOR: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding was in turmoil on Tuesday after a reported string of U-turns from her father over whether he will attend, just four days out from the big occasion.

Thomas Markle had been due to walk his daughter down the aisle during the meticulously-planned ceremony at Windsor Castle’s St George’s Chapel on Saturday.

He had decided against travelling from his home in Mexico to accompany his daughter due to his health — and to spare her further embarrassment after a paparazzi scandal where he posed for staged pictures, according to celebrity news website TMZ.

But the site on Tuesday reported an about-face from Markle, after he had been contacted by his daughter via text. “I hate the idea of missing one of the greatest moments in history and walking my daughter down the aisle,” he told the site.

He told TMZ he was in hospital again after suffering chest pains, a week on from a heart attack.

Published in Dawn, May 16th, 2018

For more live updates, follow Dawn.com's official news Instagram account @dawn.today