Alert Sign Dear reader, online ads enable us to deliver the journalism you value. Please support us by taking a moment to turn off Adblock on Dawn.com.

Alert Sign Dear reader, please upgrade to the latest version of IE to have a better reading experience

.

KARAK: A man, his wife and four children suffered serious burns when a fire erupted in their house due to gas leak in Teri area of Karak on the night between Tuesday and Wednesday.

The locals said the family of Javed Khan turned on the gas heater in a room when all of a sudden the fire erupted. As a result, Javed, wife Iffat, son Umair, 14, and three daughters, Aisha, 20, Sabia, 7, and Zulekha, 5, suffered critical burns.

The locals rushed to the house after the incident and retrieved the injured and shifted them to a local hospital where the doctors referred them to a major hospital in Peshawar in precarious condition.

Meanwhile, the local people organised a demonstration near Niazi Well Stop on the Indus Highway to register their protest against the bad condition of the road.

They said the stretch of the highway from Krappa to Saray Gambela was in bad shape, due to which many traffic accidents had occurred, taking precious lives. The protesters said the federal government had announced reconstruction and widening of the highway, but to no avail.

Published in Dawn, December 14th, 2017