The Balochistan government on Monday constituted a three-member inquiry committee to probe into the cold-blooded murder of 20 labourers in the province's Kech district last month, and submit its report within the next 15 days.
This decision was taken during a meeting, presided over by Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Sanaullah Zehri, held to review the progress made in the case so far.
Balochistan police chief Moazzam Jah Ansari, Home Secretary Dr Akbar Harifal, Commissioner Makran Bashir Ahmed Bangulzai and senior officers attended the meeting.
Security forces had recovered 15 bodies on November 15, whereas, five more bodies were later found on November 18. Initial reports had suggested that all the 20 labourers were killed by suspected terrorists.
The Supreme Court had also taken notice of the killing.
The newly constituted committee will be headed by an additional home secretary and will submit its report to the provincial government within next 15 days.
Zahri said the perpetrators of the terrorist act would be brought to justice. "A handful of elements were involved in such kinds of terrorist acts at the behest of their foreign masters," the chief minister claimed.
He also directed the concerned quarters not to allow anyone to sneak into Iran on their way to European countries. "We will ensure the writ of the government everywhere," he told the meeting.