MUZAFFARGARH: The bruised and battered family of Muhammad Yousaf, one of the victims of Lahore’s Gulshan-i-Iqbal Park tragedy, says it will move court against police who added insult to injury by detaining some of its members.

Police had detained some members of Yousaf’s family after wrongly declaring him the suicide bomber during frantic search for clues after the blast.

Jindan Mai, the mother of Yousaf, narrated her ordeal and said the scar of her son’s loss would never heal. Worse still, she said, she could not forget the treatment the family was subjected to by police by harassing and locking them up. She said her pleas for innocence fell on deaf ears.

Soon after the blast on Sunday night, police raided the home of Yousaf at Basti Surhani and took away his three brothers and locked the women inside the home.

Yousaf’s relatives Ameen and Ijaz said they were not allowed to enter the house.

On Thursday, hundreds of people attended the funeral of Yousaf and he was laid to rest. His family members were set free earlier on Wednesday and they went to Lahore and received the dead body.

Yousaf worked with Excellence Link, a software developer, where he provided online education of religion. He had gone to Lahore and visited the park with his friends Bilal Shakir and Qari Yaqoob, both from Dera Ghazi Khan. Bilal also died while Yaqoob was injured.

The family said it was their (friends) routine to visit any park on Sunday.

Published in Dawn, April 1st, 2016