RAWALPINDI: A second batch of students, who survived the deadly Peshawar school massacre, left for China last night for an educational cum recreational tour as part of a rehabilitation programme, said a statement issued by the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR).
During the ten-day long visit, students accompanied by their parents and teachers will visit major Chinese cities including Beijing, Shenzhen, Gongzhour and Hongkong and other historical sites.
Before their departure to China on Thursday, the Chinese Embassy in Islamabad had arranged a reception for the students, their parents and teachers.
Chinese hosts at the embassy accorded a warm welcome to APS students at the reception.
Speaking on the occasion, Major General Qi Huajun, Naval and military attaché said that Pakistan and China are time-tested friends, adding that people in China deeply mourned the loss of innocent lives in the APS terrorist attack.
The officials said the visit of the APS students is a testament to the close fraternal bonds between China and Pakistan and added that Chinese people will always stand with their Pakistani brethren through thick and thin.
It may be mentioned that the first batch of students who visited China arrived in Peshawar last week.
Take a look: APS students leave on 'healing trip' to China