29 students faint in toxic gas leak

February 22, 2015

Email

LAHORE: As many as 29 students, including 15 girls, fainted on Saturday shortly after leakage of toxic gas from a generator installed at a school of Mughalpura.

More than 100 students of class IX and X were celebrating a farewell party at the basement of the school when the incident took place. Some 15 of them immediately fell unconscious while others were also affected when they failed to leave the place.

They were immediately shifted to Services Hospital where the condition of all of them was stable, the hospital management told Dawn.

The chief minister took notice of the incident and sought a report from the officials concerned.

Published in Dawn, February 22nd, 2015

On a mobile phone? Get the Dawn Mobile App: Apple Store | Google Play