Blog.dawn.com - What do you think?

Published Jan 22, 2010 04:52pm

After the immense feedback and rapid popularity of Dawn.com's blogs, we have decided to give the page a little facelift. The content will now appear according to its category and the archives will be accessible for each section. What do you think? Apart from satire, sport and food, we are now going to be including content on environment and culture as well. Are there any other categories you’d like to see on these pages?

What would you like us to cover more on Dawn.com - breaking news, features and analyses? Which formats of content do you want us to increase: video reports, audio slide shows, interactive graphics or any other?

Write to us and tell us how we can make Dawn.com better suited to your interests. Are there any other people or issues you would like to read more about? If so, let us know so we can do more to enhance the page and its contents. Your comments and suggestions will go a long way in helping us develop and expand our content and creativity.

Rajesh Chakraborty
Jan 23, 2010 07:25am
I would love to see an India section, if possible....
Kamran
Jan 22, 2010 09:47pm
This is a more streamlined and user-friendly format, and gives a cleaner look to this page. It would be helpful if the tab "terrorism" could be replaced with another term, since this word has been overused and abused by the Western media against a specific religion. We should not copy such terms, it serves no useful purpose. How about the term "Crime" or "Spotlight on Crime" none of the major Western press label or use this inflammatory term on their news websites. It smacks of negative connotations against Muslims so please remove this word and replace it with a more broadly focused one. Thank you
Saad Usmani
Jan 23, 2010 07:07am
I would recommend that keep the current format & please try to remove google adds, I knew you people getting benefit from it but try to place adds of dawn or dawn exhibitions.
M Junaid Khan
Jan 23, 2010 07:10am
After looking at blog of Dawn, I have felt that the site has been hijacked by few individuals who want to propagate their secular thoughts to the whole nation. I think you have to make it a balanced platform other wise people will consider it one more attempt by some vested interests to control our media and hence our people thoughts. In such scenario, they will be forced to look for other options. I hope that is not the official policy of Dawn Group because in that case, nothing can be done. Best of luck and hope to see the blog progress in future.
manail
Jan 23, 2010 07:38am
Can we have a section on Education please?
Syed Adeel Ahmed
Jan 23, 2010 08:14am
Yes, I think it's s good move. Also, I think in culture and art section, you should also include the engagement and marriage news items of famous celebrities along with their detailed backgrounds. Also, in order for you to shun your image as a banal, dry, and overly conservative newspaper, you should also add a whole new section meant for entertainment news and gossip from around the world, particularly from Bollywood, as this is the current rage across Pakistan.
whatif
Jan 22, 2010 07:15pm
One area that you absolutely need to establish, is your moderation policy. It
Mazen
Jan 23, 2010 08:53am
It's a good move. I think it is better to launch a new section like readers opinion regarding Pakistani politics, on media and on others related topics it should be very beneficent for the people.
Abdullah Khalid Siddiqi
Jan 22, 2010 06:08pm
Allow rss feeds per author so those who like to follow only a single author can do it..
SAAD
Jan 23, 2010 09:15am
"Podcast section" should be introduced; uploading the programs from Dawn News. A sort of public participatory program should be launched on Dawn TV bearing the name " Pakistan have your say" on the example of BBC'S "world have your say". The program should discuss the range of the issues pertaining to Pakistan and make maximum public participation mandatory through blogging, emailing, phoning and texting as is done in "BBC'S "world have your say"
vijay, India
Jan 23, 2010 09:38am
The fonts are very small .
Sam
Jan 23, 2010 02:39am
Hi, I would like to see categories such as youth in Pakistan, lifestyle in Pakistan, expats in Pakistan. New content on enviornment and culture is a great addition!
Syed Afaq Hussain
Jan 23, 2010 06:44am
I want to contribute some classical cartoons. Please let me know how it can be done.? thanks. Afaq
Tanya
Jan 23, 2010 02:29am
Please keep the same font and background. Right now its too difficult and light to read the letters. I prefer the old one but I guess we will get used to new one. But please keep the same font. Categorization is good. Just make cosmetic changes, please keep the same quality and openness Dawn is loved for.
zs
Jan 23, 2010 02:34am
First impression. Why is 1/4th of the screen covered with a huge Google ad? Can't the advertising be more discrete?
Reverse Swing
Jan 22, 2010 03:06pm
It is nice place to read things about different topics a normal writer can have some approach to a readership which he/she may not get all alone and I seriously hope that Dawn Blog didn't edit any of the post written by writers to make this place a public forum.
Atab Kenneth Wilson
Jan 22, 2010 02:37pm
I agree with what Mr. Fahim has suggested above but would further add that one does not only reads DAWN. People now go through almost all leading English and Urdu News papers in and around the world so one must be allowed to give opinions and also share comments on their reporting and columns as well. There are certain problems which minorities are facing at the hands of majority as well as from their own denominations, so their must also get some space in DAWN. Anyhow the new setup introduced by DAWN Group is good if not very good.
Faraz
Jan 23, 2010 10:16am
The previous blue was more appealing to the eye and also caused less strain. However, I'm sure you have finalized this new font so I shall not waste time on it. What I would like to see is an environmental section, possibly discussing logging in our beautiful mountainous regions, or the spilling of chemicals and waste into our streams and rivers. Raising awareness is perhaps the most important aspect of a blog, and we can not afford to overlook this particular area.
Fahim
Jan 22, 2010 12:41pm
Its a very good platform. I think you should have an editorial page or an email address wherein the readers can send their opinions. Also you should include section on Foreign policy of which are facing most danger.
F. Bilal
Jan 23, 2010 01:28pm
Dawn Blog publishes quality content and so deserves a quality design that works. While design look is definitely the right direction to go for, I'm sorry to say, the design has been poorly executed. The page is confusing to look at, and it seriously lacks clarity from usability point of view. I'd recommend Dawn.com to commission a good design company that specializes in these kinds of redesigns. As for categories, I definitely see room for technology related blog posts!
Umair
Jan 23, 2010 01:19pm
It would be good if people are taught the importance of Pakistan and ideology of Pakistan is portrayed, including Islam. Indian Bollywood and stuff should be boycotted.
Imran,Australia
Jan 23, 2010 01:08pm
Hi there, It
Rajiv
Jan 23, 2010 12:57pm
Please be more transparent in covering news. When Daood Gilani, the ex Pakistani, who changed his name to Headley in USA and participated in the Mumbai attacks, you sought to refer to him as 'Chicago man' to hide his Pakistani origin.
Keti Zilgish
Jan 23, 2010 12:56pm
I wish Dawn's website could be made more Fire Fox friendly and its url's.
Guha
Jan 23, 2010 01:11pm
I would like to see the "Book review" section reinstated.
AKA
Jan 23, 2010 12:24pm
The change is for the better. However, I would like to see categories on culture, literature and philosophy as well. All these three categories are perhaps the best to facilitate a sophisticated dialogue, between the peoples of a nation, and its quite unfortunate Pakistanis have not yet fully drawn on to these categories both within their own traditions as well as the traditions of different cultures and countries.
Keti Zilgish
Jan 23, 2010 12:16pm
Many thanks for this opportunity. Articles by Dawn columnists and Dawn editorials could also be more helpful if they are opened up for comments. Likewise, the quality of letters would also improve if some of them are opened up for comments.
Ali Raza
Jan 23, 2010 01:03am
It's all too maroon, the blueish hue in my view suits better. Also, goes with the Dawn.com theme otherwise. The main theme color should therefore, be in the spectrum of blue.
Sana Saleem
Jan 22, 2010 03:27pm
I like the categories and the lay out looks less scattered now, maximum exposure. But don't like the red, the color scheme is a bit off.
Nadeem Arshad Sheikh
Jan 23, 2010 01:54pm
Aiming to "bring back the Pakistani identity" in our youth, Dawn needs to highlight the role and character of our National Heroes and focus as much as possible on the Ideology of Pakistan which is the very foundation of Pakistani nationhood. Focus on Iqbal's poetry with emphasis on dignity and strength of character, focus on the need for acquiring education for both men and women, focus on the need to get away from materialism and give due importance to our national / cultural values and customs.
vijay, India
Jan 23, 2010 09:37am
Original blue is a perfect background and pleasing to the eyes and also minimizes strain. Maroon? Then we are marooned. Hate blogs on Hindu Muslim scriptures should be totally censored. Blogs criticising/commenting on politics, development, sports, political personalities, etc should be encouraged. Effort should be made by Dawn to uplift Pak Hindus so that they too have the sense of belonging to their country. Dawn should make every effort through writing to remove the blasphemy laws and other laws which are harming the Pak women.
sohail aslam
Jan 23, 2010 06:49am
Please improve latest news session on website these updates should be fast, current affairs should be increased in dawn newspaper, more research work on current affairs on dawn paper.
Haris
Jan 23, 2010 01:44pm
I would like to see more top stories on the front page and peoples comments been listened to!!!!
S.A.Khan
Jan 22, 2010 08:31pm
Any comment on Mullahism (religious extremism) is completely censored by your moderators. My understanding of blogging is that only messages with obscene language and words are to be excluded. Correct me if I am wrong. Pakistan is faced with a number of social, economical problems. Bloggers should be allowed to communicate their messages.
Muhammad Ilyas Khan
Jan 23, 2010 11:10am
There should be a whole online section for readers to write on issues related to education and society. In order to open it for everyone to discuss issues in the form of articles and comments Dawn should launch this 'reader-writer' section. It would be a great idea if the best 'reader-writer' articles are then selected and rewarded in some way. It will be a great service for developing writing, thinking and discussion skills among the Dawn readers. Most of our newspaper are all for political issues. We need to begin this discussion on pressing issues in vital areas such as education and society.
muhammad yasin
Jan 23, 2010 11:40am
Salam friends It
Rafiq
Jan 23, 2010 10:34am
Nice changes! Congrats! However I wonder if you are compromising your freedom as you are deleting posts. We are also citizens of this country. I would hope that you will be more lenient and free as the press of other democratic nations. Just calling your newspaper as free is not the same. Allah is great! Rafiq
zahid khan
Jan 23, 2010 09:05am
It
M. Usman khan
Jan 23, 2010 09:27am
Philosophical issues must be discussed somewhere in the Dawn. Popular philosophies that have changed the world and that have changed the very structures of world's political systems and more like existentialism and Deconstruction, which have ever improved the way of learning and the way towards post-modernism. Progressive generations follow philosophies, no doubt we have it but we can't understand it. Make it understandable by publishing philosophical thoughts, for instance, which book was behind WW2 (world war two). Ofcourse no one other than, 'Thus spake Zartashtra' by F. Nietzsche. Regards,
sana yasin
Jan 23, 2010 09:28am
I am agreed with some of the comments add some Social and political cartoons. After proper filtering.
Regular reader
Jan 23, 2010 10:01am
Besides each blog title on the main page, the name of the particular blogger should also be there. I usually read blogs by certain writers only and should not have to open each blog hyperlink to see if I want to read it.
Hamzah Hamzah
Jan 23, 2010 09:21am
All in all I am quite satisfied with Dawn. What one would like to see more would be the interactive graphics feature which would help to enhance ones knowledge and at the same time give an indepth view on the top stories. Audio slide shows is also not a bad idea considering that it would help readers to understand the situation much better than maybe coming up with ideas in their inquisitive minds.
sana
Jan 23, 2010 08:25am
I agree with you Whatif about the deletion of the comments. Information about foreign universities and universities at home should be included some way. A profile of universities I meant. Else, more analysis about politics and all. Addition of some more scientific articles will be too good. Thanks.
Mohsin
Jan 23, 2010 08:20am
The font is too small and its not the same font as main Dawn news site. (verdana on main, arial on blog) The font size is really creating readability issues. (increase the font size and line-height a notch). Also, the color scheme should be consistent. Coming from Dawn news homepage to blog makes it appear as if I'm on a completely different site.
Aamnah Khan
Jan 23, 2010 08:10am
I think someone mentioned well that its too maroon or probably we are not use to of it, besides that the new changes are likable. Dawn.com has a class in itself I have not seen things influenced or obsessed by anything, its very neutral indeed. After the website was launched I felt that now we also have something like BBC and rest. My interest in the website are blogs and forums respectively because its a place where I can share my views so my recommendations are going to be more particular with them. I must say the articles are very brilliantly written and the issues highlighted are quite a matter, I like all the categories and Dawn clicks is another creative way of the blog field. Except NFP I like all of your bloggers. The forum at time stucks on an issue which should be looked and blogs moderation should become a little faster where as the viewers recommendation should be introduced so the debate may come up with a clear conclusion. In Dawn clicks zone readers may also be given the chance to submit their pictures if vulnerable enough to be selected for a blog, it might be a good way to have our participation. And yes, I await more substantial blogs to appear at Dawn.com and if it
Rahul
Jan 23, 2010 07:29am
Put videos into the website.
hafeez
Jan 23, 2010 07:00am
Dawn is doing an excellent job both at print and electronic media. All blogs are worth to read and give us valuable stuff to understand the issues. New look of dawn blogs, availability of archives and content under different categories is excellent. Introduction of more categories like business, music etc will make it more charming. Wish you all best, keep it up
Khalid Khan
Jan 23, 2010 05:17am
You have made pretty smart changes. For example, I am getting my location specific targeted advertisement. New format is outstanding., I am sure you will keep evolving. Here are a few recommendations: a) Please put some space on the left so it is less taxing on eyes. b) You could add 'recommend' functionality with the ability for the reader to sort by # of recommendations c) Consider adding sections on Education and Business/Economics/Finance Regards.
jee bee
Jan 23, 2010 06:55am
Dear Dawn, I am thankful to you that you have allowed me to talk to you. I would like to intimate you that you are improving every day. I can assure you that you can achieve more success through getting in contact with your readers in the way you are doing. I advise you please not to rely absolutely on the management and the people that are operating dawn but think about ways to reach your readers who are an asset for you too. I can bring to your knowledge one strange reality. I once wrote to some one writing for DAWN about poems of my daughter. I attached poems too. I am not in Pakistan right now. I was not even replied after that email. So please create a check and balance system and be aware of the rude people in the management. If a father of a child sends poems his child that may have been published was it a mistake. I still have regard for you as you believe in values and the act of an individual does not reflect the policy of the DAWN group. I expect that you would like to be in direct contact with your readers and would not be a victim of the influential people in the ranks of DAWN group who may like to create their won monopoly inside one of the best papers in Pakistan.
Suraj
Jan 22, 2010 07:21pm
Looks good. But shouldn't you put the name of the author of each article right next to the link, in the front page?
Jaan
Jan 23, 2010 02:05pm
Stop writing Anti-Pakistani army articles your suppose to be supporting your armed forces who are fighting evil and going through hell.
Absar
Jan 23, 2010 02:11pm
Would be good if the blogger actively takes part in the discussion of the blog he/she authored. Color scheme is bit off, I concur Sana Saleem. The bluish color scheme -- that also represents Dawn -- would better the interface of the blog.
Salman
Jan 23, 2010 02:38pm
I follow your blog and website regularly. Dawn news is increasing becoming pro-indian. I mean why are there so many articles about India and Indian foreign policy? At times it seems to me as if the writers are trying to please the Indians. Please control this. There are enough issues to discuss from Pakistan. Be a nationalist news agency. If this trend doesn't change, then I am afraid you are going to lose many readers including me. Peace
Rehmatullah Chinggisi
Jan 23, 2010 02:42pm
Dear management and journalist staff of DAWN, Your blog's improvement is laudable. Further, I advise that you may also upload and display exclusive video footages as it is available in DawnNews TV, particularly its flagship programme, News Eye, and some other documentaries highlighting social problems and injustices with marginalized people. If anybody misses to watch such a programme then he/she may browse this blog to watch its main parts. More suggestions to give also coverage to problems of various sectors of Balochistan, the largest province of the country. Regards
shafi
Jan 23, 2010 02:59pm
Thank you for giving this opportunity to air my/our views regarding Dawn.com. All the present features are good to excellent. However I have a few suggestions which if you like could be incorporated. 1. We the readers wish Dawn to be independent of any political bias. 2. The views of the readers should be expressed as they are given as long as they inoffensive. 3. I have at times noticed that a response to a particular blog is either not published are is deleted soon after without any reason. That means that your readers are not given an open chance to interact and therefore lowers your credibility. It is perfectly ok to remove any offensive comments. 4. Dawn should be for everyone and not for liberals, rightists or leftists.
Omer Khalid
Jan 23, 2010 04:00pm
Thanks Dawn for this opportunity to give comments. The new Maroon/blue site is much better than the previously dull blue. Following on the content, I have the following suggestion: 1) The Dawn Blog should become more participatory in a sense providing opportunities for non-Dawn people to write. English daily in UK does this through "Comment is Free" section where guest authors could send their articles and get published. 2) Some of the authors on the Dawn blog are just too awkward and loose restraint; when they write for the main newspaper then they reflect more sensibility the way they articulate their arguments but on the dawn-blog they let all hell loose out and start projecting themselves as "bubble-liberals" (as I call them) who are disconnected from the realities of the affairs. Thus their liberal point of views become a nuisance and stir up negative discussion. 3) "Positive Developments" is very important in the present context where all we hear is negativity, bomb blasts, attacks etc etc. We need to hear about on-going positive developments to keep our morals high. 4) A section on South Asia would be very much needed; since our problems lies in our lack of vision for the whole region of South Asia as a whole and understanding of the inter-connected dynamics. We should hear more about India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan in this section. This will help readers to put things in regional perspective. 5) Education is also another critical component when it comes to university ratings, listings etc 6) There should be a proper discussion forum available on the Dawn-Blog. Facebook discussion is a positive step but if it's show in a more integrated way then it would be better. 7) Podcasts and more video content would also add quality to the site. 8) There should be a "From History" corner some where some piece of news from 25,50 and 75 years ago for the region for that particular day be shown. This is very nice to bring ones historical memory as one goes by daily reading of a newspaper. Very many international newspapers does this e.g. International Herald Tribune from U.S. 9) There should also be a "Culture/Travel" corner where sites of Pakistan be listed to encourage people to look through and travel in our country to discover. Mostly urban elite are very ignorant about wider Pakistan since they live mostly in their big cities, drive in cars as they zip through motorways with out any knowledge and reflection of local history/culture. But over all, Dawn Blog is certainly a very positive step for opening up the Dawn Newspaper to readers and a move towards Citizen Journalism. Thanks, Omer Geneva, Switzerland
Syed Shahzad Alam
Jan 23, 2010 04:28pm
Although a little bit late but it's a good attempt to form an interactive platform among Dawn and its readers. Now English readers of Pakistani community can forward their voices to international community on local and international issues effectively. Congratulation to your team and best of luck.
Narayanan
Jan 23, 2010 04:52pm
I am regular reader of Dawn. Dawn helped me in understanding Pakistan better. In general I found earlier font is pleasant for eyes. Wish Dawn team all the best.
Hina K.
Jan 23, 2010 05:18pm
I think you should have a separate section dedicated to the mentally and physically challenged, not a big one necessarily, but something everyday to highlight their problems esp. in our society be it (education, transport, entertainment, psychological) what is being done and how best to overcome it. I being a physically challenged person myself would like to know, help and inspire so we too can contribute to our country and not just be tossed aside like garbage.
Suv
Jan 23, 2010 05:56pm
You are doing a good job. Have some more posts on economic issue as well
GP65
Jan 23, 2010 06:08pm
The Dawn blogs always pick up very topical subjects and you have some very good writers on your panel. I would like to suggest that you review your censorship policy. Language that has hatred or obscenity surely should be censored. However, I have noticed that even if one uses the name of a person (who has actually been talked about in the blog), that gets edited. Secondly the new format in display of comments where you have to press (Newer comments, Older Comments, does not add value compared to the older format where you could scroll down and see all the comments. Still these are minor suggestions. Overall, Dawn blogs have been a wonderful forum for exchange of different viewpoints.
M. Asghar
Jan 23, 2010 06:16pm
This blog should underline and bring out the scientific and technological developments in different fields in the country. This activity is the basic need for an enlightened and dynamic society.
Babar
Jan 23, 2010 07:03pm
Simply more of Nadeem F. Paracha. Period.
sohail
Jan 23, 2010 07:04pm
A few changes - please add an India section - just to educate Pakistanis as to what the Indian press is printing. An online moderated comment section for the readers. This would be for those who would want to respond to columnists - much like the NY Times or the Wash. Post. Also, if you could expand your week in pictures. I read both Indian and Pakistani online papers and I can safely say that DAWN stands out as more balanced and objective.
Rauf
Jan 23, 2010 07:31pm
Please get ride of these googles advertisements. These make the face of portal look ugly.
AKBAR G. HIRANI
Jan 23, 2010 09:19pm
You need to revamp the Dawn upside down and inside out. Every time I open the Dawn what do I get? All the depressing negative news, news that increases your blood pressure from page 1 to the last. Nothing to cheer you up. Looks like Dawn thinks there is nothing good, cheerful, encouraging happenings in Pakistan and in the World to report upon than all the gloom and doom. Keep all the good news, happy, encouraging news of Pakistan and the World on first 3 pages and the last 3 pages. Print all the gloom and doom in the inside pages in between. And also please when you give headlines, please make them soft and mellow. That will make me enjoy my first cup of coffee with Dawn in my hand. But then if your newspaper is thriving on such headlines and depressing news then mine is a lonely voice in the wilderness.
Tahir
Jan 23, 2010 10:20pm
Dawn should take following steps, in order to keep popularity and" the top News paper" in the industry: 1. Stop promoting Indian Zionist ideology. 2. Stop promoting Indian interest. 3. Stop publishing articles, which promotes divide in the community. 4. Stop publishing articles, which are against our national and national security interest. 5. Stop promoting our uneducated political leaders who have no clue how to protect national interests of Pakistan. 6. Stop criticizing Pakistan Military unnecessarily. 7. Publish true picture of the Government. 8. Start promoting Ideology of Pakistan 9. Start promoting our Quaid's M. A Jinnah's Ideology about Pakistan. 10. Start promoting Allama Iqbal's Ideology about Islam and Pakistan. Thank you very much
Basharat Ali
Jan 23, 2010 10:41pm
Thanks for asking for feedback from readers. Can you please include feedback option at the end of every article and news. Can you please different opinion polls. And please keep on changing them regularly. I have seen president Zardari poll on your website for last 3 months. Please change it now. Please enable one user to only vote once option. Please try to change your headlines several times in a day (if there are more than one news available) Please continue asking feedback from readers. Thanks Basharat London. UK
Syed Manzer
Jan 23, 2010 11:56pm
It appears that most of Dawn's columnists have internalized anti Muslim propaganda of the Western press. They freely use the term Islamist (or even worse Islamist terrorism), Jihadi or Jihadists, Islamism etc. These are undefined terms. For example, Islamist is a term derived from Islam with suffix 'ist' added to it. If you look at the normal usage of 'ist' this term can either mean a Muslim or one who studies Islam. Similarly, Jihadist is derived from Jihad but the term Jihad has a very broad meaning in Islamic texts. Using the term Jihadist to describe terrorists makes no sense, why should a Muslim use this term? It is sad to see that instead of countering western propaganda our own columnists and journalists are adding to it.
Colin
Jan 24, 2010 12:21am
In general, it would be greatly appreciated if in its reporting Dawn could provide greater context to news events, particularly in provincial and national-level politics; for readers like myself who are still learning about Pakistan, a few more lines telling us who these leaders and news makers are, what their affiliations may be, etc, and what in their recent histories has led to a particular event or statement, would be greatly appreciated.
Anas
Jan 24, 2010 12:30am
Love the new look and the categories. Dawn should also allow other bloggers / writers to submit guest contributions to dawn blog, which can be posted after reviewing. Dawn could also let the bloggers sign up as regular contributors and make regular entries on dawn blog. This would help increase the quality, quantity, and variety of posts. That's all I would like to recommend, Thanks
jk
Jan 24, 2010 12:32am
I think more of a patriotic message should be conveyed.
Irfan
Jan 24, 2010 02:06am
I personally like the old fashion of the Dawn Blog section. It gives an easy access to all sort of topics at the same time, instead of asking one to choose the field first before going into the details of topics. Please go back to the originals
Shahbaz Asif Tahir
Jan 24, 2010 03:07am
Your newspaper is becoming more anti Islam. You continue to give space, to articles by individuals like Nadeem Paracha, and Hoodbhoy, who themselves are struggling to come to terms with the reality of Islam, as the only solution, to our problems. I think Mr Paracha, and Mr Hoodbhoy, are tarnishing the reputation of "Dawn" newspaper, which used to be my favorite, until it started supporting their bigoted agenda. I would like to see articles from eminent scholars to help overcome the confusion being spread to the Muslim youth, by these secular fascists, like Paracha, and Hoodbhoy. May Allah Subhana Wa Tala, guide us on sirat e mustaqeem.
Elenore Morock
Jan 25, 2010 04:40am
Keep up the great work.
Abbas
Jan 25, 2010 05:29am
Something is happening in Pakistan and I am happy to see. Good work Dawn. I am always big fan of yours not because I read and watch your website, because you people are always neutral, you make sure that news is news and not sensational film/drama, and Dawn brand is well known all across Pakistan for it's quality of news, reports etc. Keep up the good work.
S. A. M.
Jan 25, 2010 08:09am
I like the changes. I would suggest the following: 1) There should be a section where a certain social or psychological problem is taken as a topic and the readers can suggest solutions to it.
Goga Nalaik
Jan 26, 2010 08:57am
Yeah, This blog rubric is good but its utility is not as good as it should be... I have a problem with its 'moderator' who often censors my texts. This is something I don't appreciate at all. The principal of a blog is to let people express themselves. Some do it with nice sweet words and some others may seem harsh, but objective is the same! If someone takes time to read this blog and wants to react on certain issues such as national security, social problems, taliban or whatever, he should be given this opportunity. As long as abusive language is not used, there should be no censor on bloggers. VIVE LA LIBERTE ...!
JULIAN
Jan 25, 2010 08:47pm
Man oh man - you really opened up my eyes! The Internet has so much information, I get so caught up in so many different directions, it so hard to figure it all out. Thanks again for the post!
Mumtaz Khan
Jan 25, 2010 10:39pm
It's a very appropriate and useful platform for readers to jot their views and reviews. I think the topics pertaining to overseas Pakistanis and their views about internal matters of Pakistan should also get some space. In this way, you will have more elaborated view from different angles about common matters which are being plagued for our beloved country. Good work, DAWN keep it up. Wassalam,
Aftab Malik
Jan 25, 2010 11:40pm
Maybe you could clarify what it takes for someone to submit an article for consideration as a blog "entry."
Ali
Jan 26, 2010 08:16am
The Dawn Blog is needed an extraordinary effort by the dawn news management. It is advised to add a section of "Technological Blogs" or 'Tech Blogs' to promote the advancements about internet technology trends and its affects on Pakistani's, that how this technology has affected the masses in the time of global recession.
zaryal
Jan 26, 2010 02:51am
Dynamic to set a new pace. I am sure if this page continues to work then in the near future you will see a bunch of street analysts hailing from proud Pakistani nation. Inshallah!
Raza Sadaq
Jan 26, 2010 06:05am
I agree with "whatif".
R S JOHAR
Jan 26, 2010 07:36am
I feel that it's an excellent platform from across the border to present our point of view. However I feel sad when some of my blogs which were not offensive in nature but conveying message from other religion and some light comments about Pakistani govt policies were deleted at your end. My request is to review your policy regarding the same and continue your good work.
Fátimah Isabelh
Jan 26, 2010 08:38pm
I live brazil and read Dawn.com everyday. I think information and knowledge occupy no space in mind and I would like you add more in cultures section. I would also like to see more pictures illustrating news. God bless you.
foggy
Jan 27, 2010 08:25am
Some topics are too extensive themselves. I suggest that after the title easy access to pertaining headings would be listed. For instance under culture could be placed all blogs pertaining to Pakistani movie stars who are no more. Also under sports you could have blogs about individual sports folk.
ottappally
Jan 27, 2010 03:47am
foggy
Jan 28, 2010 08:27am
I would like to see under each category, or a new created category; a blog page. Any blog viewer may be allowed easy access to daily dawn