GUJAR KHAN, Jan 22: A couple and their three children sustained burn injuries in a gas leakage explosion in their house at Ward No19 area of Gujar Khan city on Tuesday morning, the local people said.

The explosion occurred when Khawar Hussain switched on the gas heater in his room. Due to leakage gas had accumulated in the room which caused the fire and the explosion.

The neighbours reached the house and rescued Khawar Hussain, his wife Zakia, daughters Momina,Sania and son Awais. The victims were shifted to the tehsil headquarters hospital from where they were referred to the burn centre at Kh-arian Cantt. — Correspondent

More From This Section

Case against man seeking ‘suspicious’ car

ISLAMABAD: A Rawalpindi Additional District and Sessions Judge (ADSJ) ordered the registration of an FIR this...

Rs4m robbed from bank in Sihala

ISLAMABAD: A gang of robbers struck at a bank and looted over four million rupees worth of cash, along with the...

Musharraf leaves for Karachi amid rumours

Over 3,000 security personnel deployed on road to airport

Musharraf’s departure leads to traffic chaos

RAWALPINDI: The garrison city witnessed a massive traffic jam on Saturday evening due to the departure of...


Comments are closed.
Explore: Indian elections 2014
Explore: Indian elections 2014
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
Cartoons
E-PAPER
Front Page