QUETTA, Nov 23: Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Aslam Raisani has asked the law-enforcement agencies to ensure that no terrorist attack was carried out on Ashura.
The terrorists, he said, were bent upon creating law and order situation but it was the duty of the security forces to foil their plans by adopting effective strategies.
Mr Raisani on Friday visited the control room set up at the CCPO office and City police station to monitor the route of Ashura processions.
He also chaired a meeting to review security arrangements made for Ashura processions in Quetta and other parts of the province.
Mr Raisani discussed the bomb attack on security forces in Shahbaz town area carried out earlier this week.
The meeting approved a ban on use of motorbikes from 10am to midnight on 9th and from 7am to midnight on 10th of Muharram.
Home Secretary Capt (retd) Akbar Hussain Durrani, Inspector General Police Tariq Omar Khattab and CCPO Mir Zubair briefed the chief minister on the security plan for Muharram processions.
Chief Secretary Babar Yaqoob Fateh Muhammad, provincial Ministers Mir Asim Kurd, Haji Ali Madad Jattak and Capt (retd) Abdul Khaliq Achakzai and Quetta Commissioner Qambar Dashti were also present.
Mr Raisani said that extraordinary security measures should be adopted especially after the bombings in all four provinces on Wednesday.
He further advised the security forces to carry out raids on the hideouts of those involved in terrorist activities.
“I myself would monitor security arrangements made for the safety and security of Ashura processions,” Nawab Raisani said.
The meeting was told that the law-enforcement agencies were holding meetings daily to coordinate their strategies.