Book on Sikh heritage

Published Nov 21, 2012 12:01am

This refers to a book review titled ‘The Sikh Heritage of Pakistan’, (Oct 28). Being a Pakistani, it was a pleasant surprise for me to know that there are people in our country who not only care for this heritage but also dedicate their time and hard work to explore it.

Dr Safdar Ali Shah and Javed A. Kazi performed a remarkable job by featuring the Sikh heritage of Pakistan in such a beautiful way through a coffee table book.

Sikhism has its roots in Pakistan; it is our responsibility to take good care of it.

Both the authors and publisher Mansoor Rashid deserve a strong appreciation as their work would be helpful in maintaining religious and cultural harmony that is the need of time.

As the book reviews tell that all the Gurudwaras featured in the book are well-maintained, the credit must be given to Evacuee Trust Property Board of the Government of Pakistan.

The team of the ‘Sikh heritage of Pakistan’ is also known for their work on ‘Churches of Pakistan’.

I am hopeful that their next venture would definitely be on the roots of ‘Hindumat’ in Pakistan.

SOHAIL RASHID Rawalpindi

Parking plazas & mafias

THIS is apropos Manzar Bhatti’s letter ‘Parking mafia’ (July 7) wherein he has stated the ordeal of his car...

Plant breeders’ rights

AIMING at protecting rights of plant breeders under intellectual property rights, the federal government plans to...

Govt schools’ employees

THIS refers to the letter ‘Tax on education’ (July 23) by Dr Muneer Bhurgri who has to pay extra tax on ...

sbb
Nov 22, 2012 01:41am
Mr Rashid - that's a great suggestion you have given, and I hope it's well received by someone who can document the Hindu Heritage of Pakistan. Where can we buy this book (Sikh Heritage)? Thanks.
Ahmed j
Nov 21, 2012 08:53pm
I have contacted my local library and asked them to order this book.
B R Chawla
Nov 21, 2012 03:04pm
A commendable effort worthy of praise when minorities in Pakistan feel marginalised. There is an urgent need of a credible research and a book on the roots of Pakistani People - whether they belong to the soil of Sindhi, Jhelum, Ravi, or Chenab or all of them are the descents of Mohamad Bin Kasim or others who came from the desert and descended on the plains of Hindusan to plunder its wealth, the rapists who played with the modesty of peace loving natives of a rich culture. Chawla
BRR
Nov 21, 2012 03:09pm
The very fact that this is news shows where Pakistan is heading.
raika45
Nov 21, 2012 08:27am
Any idea as which party or dealer I can connect should I, from overseas want to purchase it?
Preet
Nov 21, 2012 04:06pm
Thats the spirit we all should have for minority religions and faiths all across the world. Kudos to the team.
A Shah
Nov 21, 2012 09:50pm
Where can we buy this from? I will surely have this displayed on my coffee table