ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Wednesday that the government has not taken any decision yet to block mobile phone services on the occasion of Eid-ul-Adha.
In a statement, the interior minister said a high level committee is examining security alerts received so far from across the country.
He said the government would take any decision after consultation with provincial government's to safeguard and protect the lives of the masses.
Rehman Malik urged the media to air or publish any news item after confirmation.
Earlier on the interior minister presented an affidavit before the election commission, stating he was a Pakistani citizen and that he did not hold the citizenship of any other country.