Shahrukh Khan was against doing love stories

Published Oct 09, 2012 07:19am

(L-R) Katrina Kaif and Shahrukh Khan from the upcoming film Jab Tak Hai Jaan.

He is considered Bollywood's king of romance, but superstar Shahrukh Khan says he was never keen on featuring in romantic sagas until filmmaker Yash Chopra convinced him, according to  Times of India.

"I was so anti doing love stories because I thought I am not good with them. I remember Yashji tell me, till you love, nobody will love you back. So true," tweeted Shah Rukh who did grey roles in the beginning of his career.

Shahrukh, who started his tryst with showbiz as an army man in TV show "Fauji", made his Bollywood debut with a romantic movie titled "Deewana" in 1992.

His first movie with Yash Chopra was the 1993 film "Darr", in which he played an obsessed lover. Thereafter, under the Yash Raj Films banner, Shah Rukh went on to do films like "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" (1995), "Dil Toh Pagal Hai" (1997), "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" (1998), "Mohabbatein" (2000), "Veer-Zaara" (2004), "Om Shanti Om" (2007), and "Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi" (2008) -- all of which cemented his loverboy image on the big screen.

Now, he has dabbled in romance yet again for " Jab Tak Hai Jaan", Chopra's last directorial venture. He has shared screen space with Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in the movie, set to release on Nov 13.

Pradip
Oct 09, 2012 11:59pm
I beg your pardon? What has maturity and sobriety to do with love??
Raw Agent
Oct 09, 2012 09:38am
Cann't wait to see the movie this Nov on Diwali....!!!
Anony
Oct 09, 2012 03:47pm
Beyond 40 men should be mature and sober than 16 year old's. It's common sense.
BEA
Oct 10, 2012 04:16pm
just get on with it shah rukh what are you complaining about you are getting paid for it after all.
Khan
Oct 09, 2012 09:23am
For heavenss sake this guy is beyond 40 and looks like an uncle and look at him posing in the picture like he jst turned 16. Sick
Rohit
Oct 09, 2012 01:20pm
I am not sure about "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" but surely "Om Shanti Om" was not a Yash Raj banner film.
haris
Oct 09, 2012 02:04pm
Nowadays, the plot of every hindi-movie is a "love triangle". If somehow a film feature distinctive story line then these films are either re-make of some Asian/European movies or replica of some Hollywood blockbusters.
observer
Oct 09, 2012 11:20am
I dont believe I clicked on this news item. Of course I do not have time to read it. Yet I wasted time in opening the web page and caused my server pain of downloading this web page. Sorry Server.
Syed
Oct 09, 2012 08:44pm
You should be real sorry for that. You not only clicked on this news item, but also took time to comment on it. And now you are reading my comment as well. Shame on you.
Syed
Oct 09, 2012 08:42pm
Err, love triangle, not only hindi-movies, Pakistan movies as well (Syed Noor).
Aisha
Oct 10, 2012 10:38pm
SRK is not the King of Bollywood - he is the GOD of Bollywood!!!
badshsh
Oct 09, 2012 03:51pm
shahrukh khan plays the action movies for your fan. All fan will be happy.
Latisha
Oct 09, 2012 11:46am
why? beyond 40s are allowed to love in ur world?
rana
Oct 10, 2012 03:59am
including salman khan ,sanjay dutt,ajay devgun,akshay kumar and the list is long
lover
Oct 10, 2012 03:13am
who has created this rule? I think every human being on this earth has the right to love regardless of how old they are.
amit
Oct 09, 2012 05:29pm
the 40 plus uncle is in great shape and will give guys in their 30's a run for their money, he is the biggest movie star in the world and has more money than god. The problem with pak is that you have no respect for artistes and that is why your entertainment industry is in doldrums.
Giri
Oct 09, 2012 04:28pm
I am more concerned about the disk space and bandwidth used for your comment.