LAHORE, July 28: Two persons fainted while valuables worth millions were reduced to ashes in two fire incidents in the provincial capital.
Rescue 1122 and police said blaze in both the incidents erupted due to short-circuit.
In the first incident, a huge fire broke out in a garments factory near Rehman Villas, Bhatta Chowk, late on Friday. Razia and Irfan fainted due to the fire and were taken to Jinnah Hospital. Valuables worth millions also reduced to ashes.
The fire, which also caused the roof of a room collapsed, burnt garments and machinery.
Defence A police said fire-fighters brought the blaze under control after six hours.
In the second incident, a portion of Metro Super Store near Thokar Niaz Beg caught fire which was controlled within minutes.The fire broke out after sparks in an air-conditioner.
INJURED: Three members of a family suffered burns after a gas cylinder exploded in their house in PCSIR Housing Society near Muslim Chowk, Bagrian, on Saturday.
Rescue 1122 ambulances shifted Abdul Jabar, Farzana Sattar and Kinza to Jinnah Hospital.
WALL COLLAPSE: An elderly woman was injured after the wall of a makeshift house collapsed following rain near Shaukat Khanum Hospital on Saturday.
Johar Town police said Hajiran Bibi in her 70s was admitted to Jinnah Hospital.
SUICIDE: A young man shot self to death following financial constraints in Pak Town locality of the Factory Area on Saturday.
Quoting family, the police said Asif committed suicide after sending his wife along with two daughters to his in-laws.
The police handed over the body to the family without autopsy.
MYSTERY DEATH: A 45-year-old man died mysteriously after falling from the roof of his two-storey house in Taqipur locality of Batapur early on Saturday.
The police shifted the body of Rehmat Ali for a post-mortem examination.
Batapur Station House Officer Malik Khalid said the police rushed to the spot on an emergency call and found the man dead.
He said the police inquiries showed that Rehmat, who was asleep along with his wife and seven children on the roof, suddenly woke up and started walking before he fell.
The SHO said the autopsy would clear the cause of his death as possibility could not be ruled out that he was administered some poisonous substance.
He said the victim, a father of five daughters and two sons, was a mason by profession.
ACCIDENT: A woman in her 40s was killed after being hit by a bus on Ferozepur Road on Saturday.