LAHORE, July 26: Five people were injured when the roof of a small building collapsed in Kot Kamboh near Yateem Khana on Thursday.

Some people were present at the snooker club situated in the building owned by Mian Muhammad Ali Shafiq when the roof of a portion caved in.

Rescue 1122 ambulances shifted Muhammad Ali, Muhammad Shafiq, Ghulam Shabbir, Mohsin Ali and Noman to Mian Munshi Hospital.

FIRES: Valuables worth hundreds of thousands were reduced to ashes in three fire incidents in the city on Thursday. Rescue 1122 stated short-circuit as causes of the fires.

A fire broke out in the house of Hassan Javed in Zeenat Block of Iqbal Town, burning down valuables worth Rs150,000.

A shop run by Amjad Hassan caught fire at Al-Hafeez Plaza in Gulberg, gutting valuables worth thousands.

Valuables worth thousands were gutted when a blaze erupted in a shop in Asif Block of Iqbal Town.

RESCUE 1122: The Punjab Emergency Service (Rescue 1122) will remain on emergency alert in Ramazan to ensure timely provision of emergency services.

Director-General Dr Rizwan Naseer reviewed emergency arrangements for Ramazan in a meeting held at the Rescue 1122 Headquarters here on Thursday.

The meeting was briefed that an emergency data of previous Ramazans revealed that maximum number of road accidents had occurred just before the Iftar time when people would rush towards their homes.

The director-general directed all emergency officers to remain in district control rooms for one hour before Iftar to ensure coordinated response in case of any untoward incident.


Do you have information you wish to share with Dawn.com? You can email our News Desk to share news tips, reports and general feedback. You can also email the Blog Desk if you have an opinion or narrative to share, or reach out to the Special Projects Desk to send us your Photos, or Videos.

More From This Section

Comments (0) (Closed)