Britain and France set to meet on cricket pitch - Photo courtesy Creative Commons
Pakistan, India U19 Asia Cup Final ends in draw — Photo courtesy Creative Commons

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and India on Sunday put up an excellent show in the Asian Cricket Council Under-19s Asia Cup final which ended in a draw in Malaysia.

Put into bat, Pakistan piled up a total of 282 runs in 50 overs for the loss of nine wickets. Opener Sami Aslam played a magnificent innings of 134 runs with the help of 13 fours and three sixes in 124 balls. Umar Waheed batted well at 48 runs followed by Saad Ali (23), Salman Afridi (12), Babar Azam (10) and Imam-ul-Haq (10).

For India, Rush Kalaria was the pick of the bowlers who bagged five wickets for 37 runs. Sandeep Sharma, Baba Aparajith and Vikas Mishra shared one wicket each for 56, 49 and 42 runs, respectively.

In reply, India went one run short of victory and ended up at 282 runs losing eight wickets in 50 overs. Captain Unmukt Chand played a great knock of 121 runs on 150 balls with the help of 11 fours followed by another brilliant innings of 90 runs by Baba Aparajith. Akshdeep Nath scored 23 runs.

For Pakistan, Ehsan Adil and Mohammad Nawaz grabbed three wickets each for 68 and 45 runs, respectively. Zia-ul-Haq took two wickets giving 53 runs.

Sami Aslam (Pakistan) and Unmukt Chand (India) were declared players of the match.

I cannot work with players punished for fixing: Latif

“Any players suspected or punished in the past have no business working for the PCB in any capacity.”

“I have no security concerns in Pakistan,” says ACC chief

Ashraful Haque said there efforts are underway to convince smaller Asian nations to tour Pakistan.

Djokovic dominates in winning Monte Carlo start

Ninth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga joined Djokovic and Ferrer in the third round with a hard-fought win.

Flintoff set for surprise return

All-rounder Flintoff played 79 Tests and 141 ODIs for England before retiring in 2010.

Comments are closed.

Comments (13)

azam
July 1, 2012 9:16 pm
I have written before our players can do good under Pakistani coach. PCB need to bring back Mohisn so we can have good team
Ali Suleman
July 3, 2012 4:03 am
its not fair i think they should make some rules on it! its final and final tied? w.t.h.
Imran Khan
July 3, 2012 12:48 am
i agree with u, its a tie.
Mohammad
July 1, 2012 2:49 pm
Pakistan and India in any format of cricket is a great power to reckon with. I think politics should not come in way of cricket and both countries should play cricket series in both countries. People in both countries like and enjoy cricket and resumption of cricket relations will go a long way in helping relations.
rishabh
July 1, 2012 2:37 pm
perfect ending........
sam
July 2, 2012 6:47 am
correct...
Omair
July 2, 2012 6:36 am
It's not a draw but a tied match
Tahir Ali
July 2, 2012 2:04 pm
Congrats both teams for such a wonderful final. I was desparetly missing the live telecast of this match and trying my level best to have ball by ball updates by any means to just get in touch of proceedings of this match. No doubt the innings played by Sami Aslam was a remarkable one and I heard that this young boy was also among the runs for the entire tournament. Thats really great to hear. On the other hand, I will must like to appreciate the way Unmukt Chand responded as a Captain of side leading from the front. That innings of Unmukt is a clue how India has prepared their young talent already to chase down a big total. Great Knock
Siddharth Sharma
July 2, 2012 4:10 am
It ends in a tie,not a draw. Please make a note of that.
Haroon
July 2, 2012 3:45 am
Its NOT a draw, its a tie. Only a test match can have a draw.
Afzal
July 2, 2012 2:59 am
I agree with you on that.
Abrar-ul-Haque
July 2, 2012 3:46 pm
Unless cricket rules have changed (I am not aware of), this match should have gone India's way having lost lesser number of wickets. This was the prevalent rule/practice I think a decade or so ago. Can someone correct me if I am wrong or enlighten me on the new rule? Congrats, meanwhile, to both the teams for a great show.
vgp
July 1, 2012 12:21 pm
with all fairness to the pakistani team I think India won on the basis of loosing lesser wickets for the same score
Explore: Indian elections 2014
Explore: Indian elections 2014
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
Poll