24 July, 2014 / Ramazan 25, 1435

Pakistan, India U19 Asia Cup final ends in a draw

Published Jul 01, 2012 12:01pm

Britain and France set to meet on cricket pitch - Photo courtesy Creative Commons
Pakistan, India U19 Asia Cup Final ends in draw — Photo courtesy Creative Commons

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and India on Sunday put up an excellent show in the Asian Cricket Council Under-19s Asia Cup final which ended in a draw in Malaysia.

Put into bat, Pakistan piled up a total of 282 runs in 50 overs for the loss of nine wickets. Opener Sami Aslam played a magnificent innings of 134 runs with the help of 13 fours and three sixes in 124 balls. Umar Waheed batted well at 48 runs followed by Saad Ali (23), Salman Afridi (12), Babar Azam (10) and Imam-ul-Haq (10).

For India, Rush Kalaria was the pick of the bowlers who bagged five wickets for 37 runs. Sandeep Sharma, Baba Aparajith and Vikas Mishra shared one wicket each for 56, 49 and 42 runs, respectively.

In reply, India went one run short of victory and ended up at 282 runs losing eight wickets in 50 overs. Captain Unmukt Chand played a great knock of 121 runs on 150 balls with the help of 11 fours followed by another brilliant innings of 90 runs by Baba Aparajith. Akshdeep Nath scored 23 runs.

For Pakistan, Ehsan Adil and Mohammad Nawaz grabbed three wickets each for 68 and 45 runs, respectively. Zia-ul-Haq took two wickets giving 53 runs.

Sami Aslam (Pakistan) and Unmukt Chand (India) were declared players of the match.

azam
Jul 01, 2012 09:16pm
I have written before our players can do good under Pakistani coach. PCB need to bring back Mohisn so we can have good team
Ali Suleman
Jul 03, 2012 04:03am
its not fair i think they should make some rules on it! its final and final tied? w.t.h.
Imran Khan
Jul 03, 2012 12:48am
i agree with u, its a tie.
Mohammad
Jul 01, 2012 02:49pm
Pakistan and India in any format of cricket is a great power to reckon with. I think politics should not come in way of cricket and both countries should play cricket series in both countries. People in both countries like and enjoy cricket and resumption of cricket relations will go a long way in helping relations.
rishabh
Jul 01, 2012 02:37pm
perfect ending........
sam
Jul 02, 2012 06:47am
correct...
Omair
Jul 02, 2012 06:36am
It's not a draw but a tied match
Tahir Ali
Jul 02, 2012 02:04pm
Congrats both teams for such a wonderful final. I was desparetly missing the live telecast of this match and trying my level best to have ball by ball updates by any means to just get in touch of proceedings of this match. No doubt the innings played by Sami Aslam was a remarkable one and I heard that this young boy was also among the runs for the entire tournament. Thats really great to hear. On the other hand, I will must like to appreciate the way Unmukt Chand responded as a Captain of side leading from the front. That innings of Unmukt is a clue how India has prepared their young talent already to chase down a big total. Great Knock
Siddharth Sharma
Jul 02, 2012 04:10am
It ends in a tie,not a draw. Please make a note of that.
Haroon
Jul 02, 2012 03:45am
Its NOT a draw, its a tie. Only a test match can have a draw.
Afzal
Jul 02, 2012 02:59am
I agree with you on that.
Abrar-ul-Haque
Jul 02, 2012 03:46pm
Unless cricket rules have changed (I am not aware of), this match should have gone India's way having lost lesser number of wickets. This was the prevalent rule/practice I think a decade or so ago. Can someone correct me if I am wrong or enlighten me on the new rule? Congrats, meanwhile, to both the teams for a great show.
vgp
Jul 01, 2012 12:21pm
with all fairness to the pakistani team I think India won on the basis of loosing lesser wickets for the same score