Pakistan's Defence Minister Syed Naveed Qamar.—File Photo

ISLAMABAD: Defence Minister Syed Naveed Qamar has reiterated that Pakistan is firm on its stance over its demand for an apology from US and Nato forces.

Pakistan blocked Nato ground supply routes in November last year following American airstrikes that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers at the Salala checkpost near the Pak-Afghan border. The country demands an unconditional apology.

Speaking to media representatives following a meeting here Friday, Qamar said Pakistan would continue to play its role in the international community for the restoration of peace in the region. However, he added, there would be no compromise on national sovereignty.

The Defence Minister further said that national interest would be kept in mind when determining relations with the US.

Moreover, he said there would be no compromise on national interest and the decision regarding reopening of Nato supply routes would be made in accordance to aspirations of the Pakistan.

Updated Jun 29, 2012 11:17am

More From This Section

Comments (0) (Closed)