The theme for this month's competition is: Two sides of the same story.
• Photographs must be in digital format. The photograph can be taken with a digital camera of any kind; or with a film camera and scanned.
• Photographs must be submitted with a caption of 80-100 words.
• The date and location of the photograph must be mentioned as specifically as possible. If you are submitting an entry that combines more than one picture, then the date and location of EACH photo must also be specified.
• Photos submitted must be 5 MB or smaller, must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be at least 2000 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 2000 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
• In your photographic editing you may only use: minor burning & dodging, editing exposure curves (mids, highs and lows), color correction (white balance and saturation) and cropping. Please keep the editing minimal.
• No HDR images (by combining photos), and NO manipulation of the photo’s content is allowed by cloning, airbrushing, or erasing.
• Stitching multiple images seamlessly is NOT encouraged, but if you have made a panoramic stitch you must specify how many images were used and what settings were used to achieve it.
• You may make a diptych or triptych (two or three images side by side) etc. More than three images combined are also okay. However EACH image MUST be shot by you and they should be clearly identifiable as separate images.
• Any other changes to the original photograph that are not specified here are unacceptable and will make your photo ineligible.
• The photograph must be taken by the entrant and must be your original work. Please make sure that if a person or private location is the subject of a photograph, you do have their consent to publish that material.
• The photograph must not contain obscenity, abusive language or any provocative, hateful, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
• Copyright in your photo contribution will remain with you. This permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way, including allowing others to use it.
• By sharing a contribution (which includes text & photographs) with Dawn.com you agree to grant the Dawn Media Group, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) and to promote or publish the material on different media platforms.
If you have any questions, please post them in the comments section below.