kamranakmal670afp
“I am cleared by the PCB integrity committee and if I am at fault in any way then ban me for good,” a visibly upset Kamran Akmal said. -File photo

LAHORE: Snubbed Pakistan wicket-keeper Kamran Akmal and allrounder Abdul Razzaq Friday expressed disappointment at being continuously left out of the national team, asking selectors for their reasons.

Pakistan Thursday announced three separate squads for next month's tour of Sri Lanka, but Kamran and Razzaq were not selected in any of the squads.

Kamran said he was unaware of the reasons for his continuous omission.

“I don't know why the selectors did not select me once again,” Kamran told reporters.

“I am doing well at the domestic level and am fit and want to play for my country but I don't know why I am continuously left out of the team.”

The 30-year-old keeper-batsman has not played for Pakistan since the World Cup 2011 semi-final against arch-rivals India in March.

Kamran, who was investigated over fixing allegations, claimed he had been cleared by the Pakistan Cricket Board's (PCB) integrity committee.

“I am cleared by the PCB integrity committee and if I am at fault in any way then ban me for good,” a visibly upset Kamran said.

“This is not fair to level allegations against me because I have satisfied everyone, including the International Cricket Council (ICC).”

PCB formed an integrity committee headed by a retired judge to check the assets of players on the directives of the ICC in October 2010.

That came two months after the spot-fixing scandal in England which ended in lengthy bans on three Pakistani players Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir.

Kamran has so far played 53 Tests, 137 one-day and 38 Twenty20 for Pakistan.

Allrounder Razzaq also criticised selection for the Sri Lanka tour.

“I am very sad at not being selected,” said Razzaq, 32.

“I am fit and have recently played in the domestic events but its surprising how the selectors keep ignoring me.”

Razzaq has not been selected since being sent home from United Arab Emirates in November last year following a shoulder injury against Sri Lanka.

He has so far played 46 Tests, 265 one-day and 26 Twenty20 internationals.

Razzaq denied he was retiring from international cricket.

“I have no plans to retire from international cricket as I believe I can still play for Pakistan. I have a contract with Leicestershire in English season so I will go there and play with a hope that my performance will convince the national selectors,” said Razzaq.

Wawrinka beats Federer for Monte Carlo title

It was Wawrinka's only second win over Swiss compatriot in 15 career meetings and his first title at the Masters level.

‘ECB annoyance made PCB give Rashid cold shoulder’

According to sources, the ECB was not happy with PCB's offer to Rashid who has been blunt in his support of Kaneria.

Hamilton wins Chinese GP in Mercedes one-two

German team mate Nico Rosberg took the chequered flag 18 seconds behind the Briton to finish runner-up.

It's getting increasingly tough for bowlers: Ajmal

"Times have changed and there is hardly any respect for bowlers these days."

Comments are closed.

Comments (22)

Malik
May 11, 2012 6:00 pm
Kamran Akma's spot for wicket keeper as been filled. His brother Adnan & Sarfraz Ahmed are better wicket keeper. The only way Kamran can come back in the side is as a full time batsmen. Does he qualify? Kamran's name has been tainted in Spot Fixing. He never got caught, but why should PCB take chances with such players. Shoaib Malik should not have been selected. His name too is tainted. Just because of his political connection. he keeps showing up in the team and keeps failing. Sorry Razzaq your spot got taken by Hammad Azam. it happens. Rana Naveed & Azhar Mahmood are also doing very well is T 20 s they are in same boat as you are.
Zeeshan
May 11, 2012 7:55 pm
Its simple Mr. Akmal.. you are not a good wicket keeper. Period.
Noor
May 11, 2012 3:43 pm
he dropped couple of catches, but that was against NZ (Roso), not semi final
Jawwad
May 11, 2012 5:04 pm
He ought to be resting while sleeping and not baby sitting his 2 month old child at 3 O' clock in the morning before the crucial 4rth day of the fateful Sydney Test.
Imad Qureshi
May 11, 2012 3:34 pm
Mr Akmal, here are couple of reasons why you are probably not selected "Behind every successful man, there is a successful woman. Behind every successful batsman, there is Kamran Akmal," "If his batting was as good as Don Bradman's, he couldn't score enough runs to make up for what he costs them with his keeping," Ian Chappell And you are NO "Don Bradman". One thing that I never understood was if you were not cheating as alleged, then your poor performance should have thrown you out of the team. Either way you didn't deserve to be in the team and were not supposed to play the world cup semi final where you dropped, if I remember correctly, at least two or more catches.
saleem
May 11, 2012 5:01 pm
You are the worst wicket keeper in the history of Pakistan cricket.
afy
May 11, 2012 5:47 pm
The people that say Razzak and Imran Nazir can't play international cricket are wrong both are match winners and are at least t20 match winners people say they are inconsistent how are they both average mid 20s which is good n strike rate is 130 why wouldn't you want them. Both have been in good form. Reason why Pakistan lost to England is cause Razzak weren't playing. Watch Pakistani team is gonna regret as he will b raining 6s for Leictershire instead of Pakistan. Hope one day he plays for Pakistan and performs well Inshallah.
Noman
May 11, 2012 4:40 pm
He drops couple of catches every other match and has been doing so consistently since last 4-5 years. For records, he did drop Tendulkar in semi final though it was not much highlighted due to dropped catches by others as well. Completely agree with Imad. Our team have suffered a lot by depending on his inconsistent batting only and time has come to say good bye to Kamran as wicket keeper. The only way he can make a comeback is to perform consistently as a specialist batsman which is quite a lot to ask from him. Regarding ARazzak, he should also sit outside team and enjoy freelance T20 career. He has been one of my most favorite players and I do think that his talent as a batsman was misused by using him just as a pinch hitter when he could easily have slotted in the opening slot like shane watson but now its too late to groom him for that role.
waheed Badini
May 11, 2012 4:32 pm
The world of cricket has changed over the years. It has become a battle where the fittest can only survive, it has no place for those who r either too slow to develop or who r not good enough to keep the pace n develop their skills. Can a single pakistani batsman play as good as an other renowned international player like AB Dvlers or Chris GALE? So Kami n razi u both don't fit in the scene anymore, good bye to both of u, the younger clout is better than both of u in terms of perfornance.
zubaida
May 11, 2012 7:43 pm
What do you people think about MISBAH. Did he deserves the post !
Noor
May 11, 2012 3:21 pm
Kami is right in asking question... Razi bahi you should go around the world and play T20s and earn, now we should look forward ahead of you, as you do not fit in as specialist bowler or batsman.
asadak
May 11, 2012 4:55 pm
Malik is in the team cause of his appa firdous ashique awan.
M. Toor
May 11, 2012 4:48 pm
First of all I don't believe a bit that Razzaq is only 32. He must be 35-36. Based on simply performance of last 3 years, it's time for him to gracefully exit.
Zeeshan
May 11, 2012 8:17 pm
Yes he does
azhar
May 11, 2012 8:49 pm
abdul razzaq should have been selected
azhar
May 11, 2012 8:49 pm
he can play as a batsman
ali
May 11, 2012 9:37 pm
I think we should not include anyone who has dubious character. like malik,wahab riaz,akmal etc
parveez
May 11, 2012 9:59 pm
Why Sami, how many chances has he had. Why Farath, Fasil Iqbal, and Malik, or sorry forgot connections. Will Pakistan every change, Never.
khawer
May 11, 2012 10:44 pm
It's funny kamran questioning his omission, however if players like Shoaib malik are picked then abdul razzak's questioning is justified. He is still a match winner, can play all forms of game, can win it for Pakistan any day, best clean striker of ball and not in any controversy. I would also say that misbah needs to be axes also ,,, Pakistan will never forgive misbah who lost us world cup semi and alsoun Asia cup.
Suhail
May 12, 2012 7:45 am
Kamran Akmal is far away from the league of Rashid Latif and even Moin Khan (although he wasnt better against Rashid Latif , but still) So he should be considered OUT of the team.....Razzak is a match winner for sure, i guess he has some attitude issue, i remember it was mentioned by Wasim Akram as well when he was playing...
Imraan Mehmood
May 12, 2012 7:51 am
You got what you deserved, the ultimate punishment for betraying your motherland
iffy
May 12, 2012 9:08 am
U don't know what you are talking about, razaq has not had the chance to perform properly because he was not liked by waqar you is, he is easily pakistansr best all rounder. Proof is his innings against south Africa which he single handedly won the match for Pakistan.
Explore: Indian elections 2014
Explore: Indian elections 2014
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
Poll