LAHORE: Federal Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said the government will leave no stone unturned to probe the cold-blooded murder of actor Jamil Fakhari’s son Ali Ayaz Fakhari in the USA.
He was talking to the media at Lahore airport on Wednesday where he came to receive the body and to show solidarity with Fakhari family. MQM leader Farooq Sattar was also there.
Mr Malik said on the directives of Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani he had extended all-out help to Mr Fakhari in tracing whereabouts of his son, who had unfortunately been murdered in the US.
He said he had asked the Interpol to initiate investigation into the case and had also contacted the American authorities in this connection.
He said the US authorities concerned had told him that Ali Ayaz Fakhari’s murder was an organised crime. He said the government was extending all-out help to Mr Fakhari in finding out the reasons behind his son’s murder.
Jamil Fakhari said he was satisfied with what the government had so far done regarding his son’s murder in the US. “Rehman Malik, Farooq Sattar and PM Gilani had extended maximum cooperation to us,” he added.
He thanked the media for highlighting the case. He said the PM through Rehman Malik had sent him an envelop containing some money but he did not open it and would give it back to Mr Malik with a request that the sum be donated to the Artistes Welfare Fund.
MQM leader Farooq Sattar said it was our collective responsibility to help unveil the reasons behind the murder of Mr Fakhari’s son. Fateha was also offered for the deceased at the airport.
Earlier, the body was brought to Lahore airport from New York by PIA flight PK-722. Ali Shehbaz Fakhari, brother of the deceased, who lived in Canada, came with the body from New York.
The funeral of Ali Ayaz Fakhari will be held at Ravi Ground, Qila Lachman Singh, at 10am on Thursday (today).