ISLAMABAD, Nov 3: The National Assembly approved 39 standing committees after the combined opposition staged a walkout in the house here Monday.
Minister for Labour, Manpower and Overseas Pakistanis Abdul Sattar Laleka moved the motion in the house with the names of the members of various committees.
The NA also authorized the speaker to make any amendment in the composition of these committees, which are comprised of representatives of both treasury and opposition members.
The name of arrested ARD president, Makhdoom Javed Hashmi, has been included in two standing committees.
The Standing Committee on Public Accounts is the most powerful committee as it comprises several heavy weights. Its prominent members are Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, Makhdoom Amin Fahim, Aitzaz Ahsan, Hafiz Hussain Ahmed, Liaquat Baloch, Imran Khan, Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and Sardar Nasrullah Dareshak.
Following are the names and members of the committees:
1. Standing Committee on Cabinet Secretariat: Ahmad Raza Maneka, Malik Allah Yar Khan, Tanzeela Aamir Cheema, Makhdoom Ahmad Alam Anwar, Onaza Ehsan, Mohammad Ali Malkani, Bushra Rehman, Chaudhry Rehman Naseer, Shahid Akram Bhinder, Hamid Nasir Chattha, Ibrahim Jatoi, Azizullah Brohi, Ghulam Murtaza Satti, Muhammad Faiz Tamman, Maulana Muhammad Khan Sherani, Nabil Gabol, Raja Muhammad Asad Khan, Minister-in-Charge for Cabinet Secretariat (Ex-officio Member).
2. Commerce: Rai Mansab Ali Khan, Sardar Asif Nakai, Hina Rabbani Khar, Omar Ayub Khan, Tahira Asif, Rana Tariq Javed, Ijaz Ahmad Chaudhry, Eman Wasim, Shamim Haider, Sahibzada Haroonur Rashid, Sumaira Malik, Afsar Begum, Zafar Iqbal Warraich, Muhammad Shamim Siddiqui, Muhammad Hanif Abbasi, Malik Muhammad Pervaiz, Sardar Jaffar Khan Leghari, Minister-in- Charge for Commerce (Ex-officio Member).
3. Communications: Muhammad Tahir Shah, Muhammad Ali Malkani, Syed Gulzar Sibtain, Mehdi Hasan Bhatti, Rao Ajmal Khan, Malik Amin Aslam, Muhammad Akhtar Kanju, Rozina Tufail, Muhammad Farhan Latif, Maulana Muhammad Gohar Shah, Arbab Zakaullah, Afsar Begum, Maulana Rehmatullah, Nabil Gabol, Aamir Yar Malik, Mehmood Khan Achakzai, Inam-ul-Haq Piracha, Minister- in-Charge for Communications (Ex-Officio Member).
4. Minorities: Gayan Chand Singh, Akram Masih Gill, Rai Azizullah Khan, Haroon Qaiser, Dr Donya Aziz, M.P. Bhandara, Rana Omer Nazir, Ch Bilal Ejaz, Rifat Javed, Sahibzada Haroon-ur-Rashid, Malik Muhammad Pervaiz, Prof Khalid Wahab, Ch Manzoor Ahmad, Belum Husnain, Ch Imranullah, Jamila Ahmad, Shabir Ahmed Khan, Minister-in-Charge for Minorities (Ex-officio Member). 5. Standing Committee on Culture, Sports, Tourism & Youth Affairs: Rai Aiz Ullah Khan, Ch Bilal Ejaz, Ghias Ahmed Mela, Mushtaq Ali Cheema, Tasneem Nawaz Gardezi, Ali Asjad Malhi, Ghulam Sarwar Khan, Ghulam Bibi Bharwana, Riaz Fatyana, Fazle Subhan, Syed Asad Murtaza Gillani, Sherry Rehman, Dr. Fehmida Mirza, Ibrahim Jatoi, Sultan Ahmed Khan, Rana Asif Tauseef, Ambreen Naeem, Minister-in-Charge for Culture, Sports, Tourism and Youth Affairs.
6. INDUSTRIES: Rai Mansab Ali Khan, Bilal Ahmad Virk, Firdous Ashiq Awan, Zulfiqar Ahmad Dhillon, Omar Ayub Khan, Nawab Aman Ullah Khan, Ch Wajahat Hussain, Rashid Akbar Khan, Prof. Mushtaq Victor, Dr. Ghulam Hyder Samejo, Farid Ahmad Piracha, Hakim Qari Gul Rehman, Abdul Majeeb Pirzada, Nawab Yousuf Talpur, Muhammad Faiz Tamman, Syed Haider Abbas Rizvi, Iqbal Muhammad Ali Khan, Minister-in-Charge for Industries (Ex- officio Member).
7. DEFENCE: Shamim Haider, Ch Shujaat Hussain, Mehnaz Rafi, Dr. Noor Jehan Panezai, Zulfiqar Ahmed Dhillon, Amanullah Khan Jadoon, Ghulam Rasool Sahi, Malik Allah Yar Khan, Ch Ghias Ahmed Mela, Shabina Talat, Ijazul Haq, Niaz Ahmed Jhakkar, Mir Hazar Khan Bijarani, Syed Qurban Ali Shah, Inayatur Rehman, Engineer Amir Muqam, Sardar Ayaz Sadiq, Minister-in-Charge for Defence (Ex-Officio Member).
8. ECONOMIC AFFAIRS & STATISTICS: Mazhar Ahmad Qureshi, Rasheed Akbar Khan, Mushtaq Cheema, Ch Wajahat Hussain, Akram Masih Gill, Rao Ajmal Khan, Tahira Asif, Pir Muhammad Shah Khagga, Ishaq Khan Khakwani, Israrul Ebad Khan, Muhammad Khan Junejo, Ch Imranullah, Naveed Qamar, Maulana Ahmad Ghafoor, Imtiaz Safdar Warraich, Maulana Abdul Malik Wazir, Asadullah Bhutto, Minister-in-Charge for Economic (Ex-officio- Member).
9. EDUCATION: Ghulam Bibi Bharwana, Ch Asim Nazir, Ghulam Rasool Sahi, Akhtar Kanju, Bushra Anwar Sipra, Eman Wasim, Aasiya Azeem, Malik Amin Aslam, Dr Attiya Inayatullah, Sardar Saleem Jan Mazari, Ayela Malik, Sarkar-ud-Din, Syed Asad Murtaza Gilani, Manzoor Wassan, Nawab Abdul Ghani Talpur, Maulana Syed Nek Zaman, Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haidri, Minister-in-Charge of Education (ex-official Member).
10. Environment: Malik Amin Aslam, Rozina Tufail, Fiza Junejo, Tehmina Dastee, Rahila Yahya, Farzeen Ahmed Sarfraz, Ch Rehman Nasir, Dr Hajra Tariq Aziz, Nawab Amanullah Khan, Meena Leghari, Syed Haider Abbas Rizvi, Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri, Syed Ghulam Mustafa Shah, Mehreen Anwar Raja, Fauzia Habib, Hafiz Salman Butt, Maulana Ahmad Ghafoor, Minister-in-Charge for Environment (Ex-officio Member).
11. Finance and Revenue: Riffat Amjad, Malik Saifullah Tiwana, Sardar Nasrullah Dareshak, Kashmala Tariq, Jehangir Tareen, Ch Wajahat Hussain, Ch Anwar Ali Cheema, Sardar Tufail Ahmad Khan, Umar Ahmad Chuman, Sardar Jaffar Leghari, Dr Aamir Liaquat Hussain, Qazi Abdul Quddus Rajar, Anwar Buhtto, Syed Khurshid Shah, Shabir Ahmed Khan, Laeeque Khan, Malik Muhammad Pervaiz, Minister-in-Charge for Finance (Ex- Officio Member).
12. Food, Agriculture & Livestock: Muhammad Tahir Shah, Ishaq Khakwani, Muhammad Ali Malkani, Rahila Yahya, Mazhar Qureshi, Jehangir Tareen, Ghulam Murtaza Maitla, Sardar Asif Nakai, Shahzadi Umerzadi Tiwana, Farooq Azam Malik, Haji Khuda Bux Nizamani, Muhammad Khan Junejo, Azhar Ahmad Khan Yousafzai, Shamshad Sattar Bachani, Khalida Mohsin Ali Qureshi, Qari Fayyaz-ur-Rehman, Sabir Hussain Awan, Minister-in-Charge for Food, Agriculture and Livestock (Ex-Officio Member).