30 August, 2014 / Ziqa'ad 3, 1435

Blind man seeks help

Updated Jul 14, 2013 09:38am

LAKKI MARWAT, July 13: A blind man has demanded of the government and philanthropists to help her daughters complete their education.

Telling his heart rending tale to reporters in Naurang on Saturday, Shaikh Ayub Marwat said he had spent all his financial resources on his treatment to restore eyesight, but in vain. “Without eyesight it is difficult for me to even earn a livelihood to help my daughters get education,” he said.

Mr Marwat, who has three sons and six daughters, said his sons were daily wagers and hardly made both ends meet. “They cannot afford educational expenses of their sisters,” he said.

He said he had no option other than to stop education of his daughters owing to financial constraints. “My daughters are eager to complete their education, therefore the government, non-governmental organisations and philanthropists should come forward to help me,” he said.—Correspondent

NAB arrests Kurram official

APA of upper Kurram Agency was arrested on the charges of accumulating assets beyond known sources of his income.

Shah
Jul 14, 2013 11:09am

Can some one provide me with this man address so that he could be helped. Please.

Shah
Anees
Jul 14, 2013 02:12pm

Although it is nice of Dawn to report such cases but still it is useless until some contact number/other source of access to the person in need is provided.

Muhammad yousaf
Jul 14, 2013 05:04pm

@Shah: I ask Dawn.com to publish the whereabouts of this blind individual. I am ready to help his daughters to get higher education. But I cannot do nothing without the required information

Muhammad yousaf
Jul 14, 2013 05:06pm

Nice to publish a heart touching sensitive story of this blind individual. But please publish his contact address to help him out

Naeem Syed
Jul 14, 2013 08:09pm

It would have been appropriate of dawn to have completed the story with the complete address and explicit details how we could get in touch with this man to perhaps be able to set up a permanent source of income instead of having to live on charity.Please do print it while there is a sentiment and compassion for this man's plight.