Jibran Nasir and Mohammad Yousuf.
Jibran Nasir and Mohammad Yousuf.

Almost 20 per cent of Pakistan's registered voters fall under the category of the youth (18-25). Out this number 10, 548, 648 are male while 6,336,454 are female.

Part four of “Voters’ Voice” focuses on the issues that the youth of Pakistan face and what they expect from the next government.

Part I of Voters’ Voice: Security

Part II of Voters’ Voice: Women

Part III of Voters' Voice: Minorities

Jibran Nasir and Muhammad Yousuf are both 26 and they are both running as independent candidates from Karachi’s PS-113 constituency. Yousuf has been involved in the Pakistan Youth Forum for a few years now, while Nasir is a lawyer who has just started working. This will be the first elections both men will contest in; watch the video to hear their views of the two budding politicians on the youth of Pakistan.

The two candidates of PS 113

Word on the street: The youth vote

Nawaz, Zardari discuss political situation, security

The two also discussed the ongoing operation in Karachi and the dialogue process with Taliban.

PPP asks Senator Faisal Raza Abidi to resign

General Secretary of the PPP Raja Pervez Ashraf asked Faisal Raza Abidi to resign from Senate seat held by him.

Parliamentary body urges govt to review existing media laws

Resolution calls for merger of ministries of information and IT as Ministry for Public Information, Media and Heritage

Militants attacked after soldier hurt in blast

Helicopter gunships attacked militant hideouts in North Waziristan after a security man was injured in an explosion.

Comments are closed.

Comments (22)

Pakistani Hindu
May 4, 2013 11:43 am
I am a Pakistani and I am a Hindu. I take serious offence to my identity(pakistani) and my religion(hinduism) by that comment of yours.
Hatim Qureshi
May 3, 2013 10:20 am
A Pakistani in the left picture and a hindu in the right picture?
Shahpur
May 2, 2013 9:22 pm
Yes. People like Imran are a step towards that end, he looks sincere among the crowd. There is really no Constitution of Pakistan, yet. Whatever exists, was made in 1973, by Bhutto in a big hurray, to go to the next step. But what Bhutto did was a political compromise. Times have changed and Pakistanis need new constitution, which guarantees at least basic human rights. Whether anyone, is young or old, man or woman,they should continue do something, every day. Then something will happen. Look at the last 66 years a lot has happened.
sher khan
May 3, 2013 7:43 am
@Malick . Did our previous "experianced"Foreign ministers did any better with the "4K"?
Brandsynario
May 3, 2013 10:41 am
Youth is the future of Pakistan and they must be given proper right to vote and elect the person that can make their future even better. Youth also needs to participate in elections as candidates
Agha Ata (USA)
May 2, 2013 2:35 pm
Are they supporting Imran Khan?
Malick
May 2, 2013 6:17 pm
If one of these youth may be Jibran Nasir OR Muhammad Yousaf is assigned as Foreign Minister of Pakistan, Can he deals " 4 K " Kyani General, Karzai Hamid, Kerry Jhon & Kashmir?? If the other one is assigned Internal Ministery of Pakistan can he handle with Terrorist, Tehreek Taliban, Ji, LJ, establishment and Judiciary of Pakistan
Malick
May 3, 2013 2:57 pm
Youth is the future indeed, if youth is unable to save the present, what hope about future. To day youth is a unable to control the body language of their leaders like Imran Khan and Sheikh Rashid. I am afraid, if youth follow this abusive languages what will happen? Do the youth will use the abusive languages against parents, grand parent and so on.........We expect much more from our youth....if youth realize this..
Imran
May 2, 2013 11:19 pm
Hi Malick, If uneducated,landlords from villages (Zardari) and people with fake degrees and people like Rehman Malik can handle "" 4 K ” Kyani General, Karzai Hamid, Kerry Jhon & Kashmir and Terrorist, Tehreek Taliban, Ji, LJ, establishment and Judiciary of Pakistan...THEN WHY CANT THESE EDUCATED CANDIDATES..??
Sid Noonari
May 3, 2013 1:55 am
Malick! We must encourage them.... they may not be expert in foreign affairs but they have to be experts in future. I know they don't know how to swim but they are to swim..... Same as a house wife how don't know doing cleaning but she has to clean her house....Can she " Oh! I don't know how to do cleanings so let me the house remain dirty???"
Sid Noonari
May 3, 2013 1:56 am
Malick! We must encourage them…. they may not be expert in foreign affairs but they have to be experts in future. I know they don’t know how to swim but they are to swim….. Same as a house wife how don’t know doing cleaning but she has to clean her house….Can she ” Oh! I don’t know how to do cleanings so let me the house remain dirty???”
Ma
May 3, 2013 12:45 am
I am sure they will be better than Hina rabbini khar.
Independent Voter
May 3, 2013 3:54 pm
Sorry to say this but im highly disappointed how both candidates only mentioned the 'common problems' of our country and system. Thats peanuts for anyone living here. I would have been very impressed if they would have discussed strategies or solutions to the 101 problems they mentioned. The question remains, as an independent candidate with only knowledge of some few issues, can they really make a difference? I dont think so. I wouldnt ever waste a vote just cuz these candidates are the 'youth' of this nation. They need to be credible as well.
Shahid
May 2, 2013 10:17 pm
Among Ts, dont forget Tehrik Insaaf- offshoot of TTP
Junaid
May 3, 2013 9:05 am
They are running Provincial Assembly seats. The posts you raise are for National Assembly elected officials. Provincial assembly elected officials work on local issues, not international ones. Youth isnt a bad alternative for provincial seats.
atts
May 3, 2013 7:49 am
1) I dint realize dealing with 4 K etc was a prequalification for FM etc....had you mentioned earlier I would have asked ECP to include it in its prequalification list. 2) did the previous FM handle the 4K or the Birkin 3) If we can root for a cricketer for a chance at the helm of the nation..... we can definitely give a lawyer a chance too - but thats just my opinion :)
imransaudi
May 3, 2013 7:48 am
Youth can do anything.Bhutto was very young to take care of foreign office in Ayoub era. we must believe in youth guided by elders.
Ali
May 2, 2013 7:20 pm
Jibran and Muhammad you won my votes buddy.....too bad my vote is in North Nazimabad and I am in Dallas:)...wish you all the best! We Pakistanis need people need you.
pathanoo
May 3, 2013 2:57 am
You can't do any worse with either of them. They are young and are, I am sure, mad at the situation in Pakistan. How bad can they be?
Talha
May 3, 2013 5:12 am
Mr. Mallick, whether they can or cannot deal with such things/people, they must fight against lack of trust in abilities of the youth.
A. Khan
May 2, 2013 7:35 pm
@Malick They cannot possibly do worse than Musharraf, BB, NS or AZ. Even if they tried hard, they would not be able to beat the incompetency of Rehman Malik.
A. Khan
May 2, 2013 7:33 pm
My advice to all youngsters : get out and vote. But keep in mind that voting for the same parties again and expecting them to give you guys a future is a sign of insanity. Keep that in mind when you vote.
Explore: Indian elections 2014
Explore: Indian elections 2014
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
Poll