COULD anyone please tell me the telephone number and exact location of an old people’s home in Karachi where I could stay on payment of a reasonable amount as all my sons and a daughter have left for greener pastures in the US and Canada, leaving me alone in this world.

The payment on money basis on account of my board and lodging will be paid to the old people’s home from my pension and bank account. Right now, I am 87 years old. I will be grateful for an early reply.

SHAHID ALI Karachi

Protecting lake and saving wildlife

THE Manghopir Lake is located about 14km from North Karachi. It is spread over an area of 1,400 acres.It is home to...

Calling from abroad

I HAVE been experiencing great difficulty in making telephone calls to Pakistan these days. The quality of sound is...

Noise pollution

MODERN research has shown that the level of noise above a certain limit is harmful to our health and is responsible...

Pakistani bonds

THIS refers to recent news reports on Pakistan bonds. I think the issue was good news for US fund managers. Most of...

Comments are closed.

Comments (16)

Ali
June 26, 2013 9:10 am

Dear Mr. Shahid A brotherly advice. Be careful of crooks, thugs and con artists. They may try to trick you into some trap and deprive you of your savings. Do not give away or share your bank account details to any one, neither put your signature to any paper without first getting hundred percent assurance of its accuracy and authenticity. Wish you good health and good luck.

Respect for Senior Citizens
June 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Dear Sir, I am feeling sorry for you. Can not do any thing more for you, I am posting details of an old house for you. I hope you will get happiness, peace and respect their (which I assume you were missing at your HOME). May God give some sanity to your children, Ameen. Here is the address of an old home,,

Postal Address : Binoria International, Near SITE Police Station, S.I.T.E., Karachi No:16 Pakistan. Postal Address : Email : info@binoria.org Molana Mehboob (Get Cmoplete Information & Admission Details) (92) 0321 2809322

Molana Ghulam Rasool (Administrator Jamia Binoria International) (92) 0300 8249884 (92) 0321 2438129

M Iqbal
June 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Not sure if there is one, and even if it is, it won't be a pleasant place to stay. Very sorry to hear your children have all left you alone. May they suffer the same fate unless they repent and come back and look after you.

Gerry D'Cunha
June 26, 2013 3:57 pm

OMG shahid ali, i have all the sympathy for you - remember what goes round comes round - no parents should have such children who do not care for their elderly parents - God's curse will fall on those children who leave their parents in this state for their pleasure

nadeem
June 26, 2013 4:13 pm

What a pity..I am ashamed.

atts
June 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Gills home - G-20 obl5, Block-B, North Nazimabad near Ziauddin Hospital Karachi 74700 (021) 34297035 there is one more, will try & get the name & address

Agha Ata
June 26, 2013 5:46 pm

I wish I could come to Karachi sit with you and cry. I am 80 year old myself, and we made the same mistake forty years ago. I am just lucky to be in the USA. I hope you will find some kind hearted sympathizers in Pakistan who might start making homes for the old people who served the country for so long.

Javed Rahman
June 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Will parents leave there children when they are infants for greener pastures.?May Allah help you and keep you safe. As Mr Ali said don't trust any one regarding your bank account, stay safe.My prayers are with you.

Indicus
June 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Migrate to U.S. You will have better facilities there.

Hamza A. Khan
June 26, 2013 7:31 pm

Dear Sir

I would like to facilitate you. But I would need details about how much you can afford and some other details. I work at GT International and doing this only in good faith.

Email me your details if you can or I could give you my work phone number just so I could establish your credibility.

Regards

Hamza A. KaimKhani

waqas
June 26, 2013 7:45 pm

Aoa Uncle....they shuldnt have left u .....u should go and live with them....US and Canadian embassies in pakistan have a very relax visa policy for elderly people over 65. Tell ur children to send u the procedure ....i searched a bit on the us embassy website for u....they would accept ur visa application at Karachi or Islamabad (http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html) "check the announcements at the right hand corner.....Tourist visas for senior citizens over the age of 65 (B2)" Best Regards Ur Son Waqas

S.Hussain
June 26, 2013 11:42 pm

Dear Sir, I have been trying to highlight the plight of the Elderly in Pakistan. While in the US, I visited what were known as "Assisted Living compound,not 'Old Folks Homes' or hospices," in which the elderly resided with their families in gated communities, which had on-site clinics, health-food cafetarias, cleaning services, various classes and cruises for the elderly, and facilities for their safety such as ramps, handles, railings, medic-alert panic buttons, cruises, lectures on ALternate therapies, yoga etc. I wish such compounds were set up in Karachi and Lahore as well. Then the families could have more peace of mind.

Rafi
June 27, 2013 12:00 am

@Ali: Great advice, also add if you have any friends or some other trustworthy person, to have them review the document first. To be safe have a lawyer do. Prepare your will and have it legally endorsed. My family is no longer there otherwise I would have opened my home for you.

asif
June 27, 2013 12:50 am

no offense but this sounds like a phishing scam.

Urfan Rafique
June 27, 2013 2:01 pm

Dear Sir, It is is heart wrenching to feel pain in your letter. I am a professional who is currently working in qatar. I know a person (a Philanthropist, Retired Pak Airforce high ranking officer) who is currently running a facility in Punjab. If you are really interested to shift in that facility I can help you for that. one other thing, no cost is charged to any elderly who is residing in that Home. All that needed is the credibility of the case.

I can be reached at irfanrafique@hotmail.com phone number in Qatar is +974-66724706

syed asif ul hassan
June 27, 2013 8:54 am
Salam! Surely! your voice will be heard by your children and hope that would help to mould them. Otherwise they have to remember the bitter reality that the same will definitely be repeat with them as they also have to passing through the same phase. QUOTATION FOR ALL PARENTS. "The most beautiful thing in this world is to see your parents smiling and knowing that you are the reason behind that smile".
Explore: Indian elections 2014
Explore: Indian elections 2014
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
Cartoons