LAHORE, June 21: Two minors died of gastroenteritis in the city on Friday.

Reportedly, three-year-old Adnan and one-and-half-year old Abadur Rehman were taken to Jinnah and Mayo hospitals, respectively, a few days ago, where they died on Friday due to complications.

A Health Department official said over 700 cases of gastroenteritis had been reported in the provincial capital alone during the last 24 hours.

Meanwhile, Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif took serious notice of the deaths from gastro in Lahore and sought a report from the provincial health minister and health secretary. He ordered immediate measures to control gastro and provision of best treatment in hospitals to the affected children. He directed an awareness campaign be started to save children from this deadly disease.

More From This Section

NGO members held for human smuggling

The officials said the accused also collected money from philanthropists on the pretext of helping disabled persons.

A howler at education event

LAHORE: A glaring spelling mistake at an event meant to inspire confidence among students hardly makes any authority...

Govt plans to enrol 4m children this year

Sharif launches Students Enrolment Campaign 2014 with a commitment to enrol four million out-of-school children.

CM hints at cabinet reshuffle

LAHORE: Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, while expressing his annoyance at ‘sit-back’ attitude, has hinted at...


Comments are closed.

Comments (1)

2canada222@gmail.com
June 23, 2013 3:40 am

EMPTY WORDS!!!!!!

Explore: Indian elections 2014
Explore: Indian elections 2014
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
How much do you know about Indian Elections?
Cartoons
E-PAPER
Front Page