Dawn News

27 February, 2015 / 8 Jamadi-ul-Awwal, 1436
e-paper

Kidnappers free ex-law official

QUETTA, May 21: A former advocate general of Balochistan, Salahuddin Mengal, returned home late on Tuesday night after remaining in the captivity of kidnappers for over two months, family sources said.

They said the kidnappers left Mr Mengal at Kachi Baig area of Sariab road.

The sources said the family had denied paying ransom for the release. The kidnappers had earlier demanded Rs50 million for the release and the figure had later been reduced to Rs30m, they added.

Mr Mengal, who had served as advocate general of Balochistan for about 10 years, was kidnapped on April 3 from Sariab road when he was going home with his brother.

At a press conference on Monday, DIG operations Fayyaz Ahmed Sumbal had indicated that some people involved in the kidnapping of the former advocate general had been arrested and that he would be released soon.


Email news tips and feedback to News Desk, submit blogs to Blog Desk and share photos and Videos with Special Projects Desk.

More From This Section

Comments (0) Closed